E-Way Bill – An Essetnial Part of GST
20,411 total views, 4 views today
What is it?
e-Way Bill is an Electronic bill for Transportation of Goods, which will be rolled out on a trial basis from 16th Jan 2018. For inter-state transports, it will be implemented from 1st February, 2018. For intra-states transport, it will be implemented from 1st Jun 2018. If the states requires it then it can be implemented before 1st Jun 2018.
Who should Generate an e-Way Bill?
- Registered Person – If the amount of goods is more than Rs.50000 in value to or from a Registered Person bill has to be generated on the movement of goods by the Registered Person. A Registered person or the transporter may choose to generate and carry this bill even if the value of goods is less than Rs 50,000.
- Unregistered Persons – In the case of Unregistered persons they are also required to generate e-Way Bill. However, where a supply is made by an unregistered person to a registered person, the receiver will have to ensure all the compliances are met as if they were the supplier.
- Transporter – Transporters carrying goods by air, road, rail, etc. are also required to generate e-Way Bill if the supplier has not generated an e-Way Bill.
|Up to 100 km||One Day|
|For every 100 km or part thereof||Additional One Day|
Who can Cancel it?
- Consignee (purchaser of goods) who can cancel bill in 72 hours inside of generated
- If bill has been verified during the process then it cannot be canceled.
- Bill can be canceled in 24 hours inside of generated.
- Bill cannot be edited or deleted but can be canceled.
When is e-Way bill not Required?
- If The mode of transport of your goods contains no vehicle.
- Goods transported from port, airport, air cargo complex or land customs station to Inland Container Depot (ICD) or Container Freight Station (CFS) for clearance by Customs.
- Transport of specified goods (PDF of List of Goods).
- When consignee or consignor distance less than 10 KM e-way bill is not required.
How to generate e-Way bill?
- Online (www.ewaybill.nic.in)
- Through Android App
- Through SMS
Please feel free to ask anything.